Sunday, July 24, 2011

Gemini & Reid at D'Andrea

Reid & Gemini had a late-afternoon wedding overlooking Reno at D'Andrea Country Club.  The wind was minimal and the temperature was balmy as the bride walked out to "Storybook Love" by Mark Knopfler.  After a beautiful ceremony, the bridal couple exited to "Always Something" by I Hate Kate. 

D'Andrea is a special venue.  It is close to town but the view is spectacular.  The wildlife is plentiful as well.  A hawk screeched over the ceremony, and I saw lots of rabbits, quail, and marmots.  The rooms are intimate yet accommodating.  The staff, lead by Stefanie and Shelby are all top-notch and really go the extra mile for their guests.  I was privileged to have some of their cheese raviolis- delicious!  The music for dinner was special in that the family loves Big Band and Sinatra and that they are related to legendary band leader Louis Prima, so I was able to play many of the great swing hits that I don't get to play as often.

For a smaller group, there were always people on the dance floor, which makes my job a pleasure.  Gemini & Reid danced to "It's You" by I Hate Kate for their first dance, and Dana (Gemini's dad) cut a mean rug with his daughter to the Tarantella.  The Anniversary Dance was special with most of the couples married over 30 years- Gemini's grandparents were the last couple on the floor with I believe 53 years of marriage.  What great examples the two families have set for the bride and groom...
Congratulations Reid & Gemini!

No comments:

Post a Comment