Friday, August 8, 2014

Hailey & Dustin at the Grove at Southcreek

Had another extraordinary event at The Grove at Southcreek a few weeks back. As you might notice from other blog entries, I truly enjoy the people and professionalism at The Grove. They really help a bride and groom realize their wedding day dreams.
Hailey and Dustin are a great couple. They have that youthful exuberance that is ready to take on and take in the world together and it was great to be a small part of their day and evening. Dustin is a member of our armed forces and it was especially gratifying to be able to give something back to him  for all the sacrifices he makes for us. I really enjoyed Hailey's processional as she picked "At This Moment" by Shania Twain, and then really picked a perfect moment in the song to emerge from the doorway and down the aisle to her wedding. Beautiful bride, dress, and moment in time!  When all the "I do's" had been said, kisses kissed, and newlyweds introduced, the happy couple left the ceremony with Blake Shelton's "God Gave Me You" punctuating their recessional. Just a beautiful ceremony on one of those days photographers love- a bit cloudy for that special lighting.
Speaking of lighting, I was able to try out a new fixture I had acquired at Mobile Beat 2014 this past spring. It is a moving head fixture that really gives me a lot of options for lighting effects and allows me display a personalized gobo monogram if the brides and grooms want that extra little personalization. This was theirs up above me at The Grove. I moved it all around throughout the evening and I was impressed by the colors and brightness. Very fun and a great option for those brides & grooms that want that little something extra.
The happy couple soon returned from pictures and were welcomed to their reception as Kool & the Gang's Celebration punctuated their Grand Entrance. Dinner was served immediately thereafter and everyone enjoyed the deliciousness that emerged from The Grove's kitchen. As plates were being pushed away, the Best Man Robert opened up the toasts with a funny video of Dustin singing while driving a Humvee that got everyone laughing and cheering. The Maid of Honor Whitney then had her own touching toast and Dustin & Hailey then toasted everyone who had come to share in their day. Edwin McCain's "I Could Not Ask For More" then started up and I had the honor of introducing them for their first dance as husband and wife. So awesome!
More special dances followed: a Mother/Daughter dance with Carrie Underwood's "Mama's Song", a Mother/Son dance featuring "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts and then a fun Money Dance. After that we just let loose for a while dancing to country, hip hop, Motown and even a bit of EDM (many thanks to the groomsman who turned me on to Disclosure). Before long however, I noticed that there was a very healthy rivalry between the bridesmaids and the groomsmen and with a few strategic requests, they engaged in a spirited sing-off! I declared the ladies the winner after a few songs each which was very controversial (amongst the guys). Super fun! What a great crowd!
Cutting the cake!
I little while later they were cutting their cake with Toy Story's "You've Got a Friend in Me" in the background and then they were tossing the bouquet and the garter to Beyonce and LMFAO. The rest of the night was filled with tons of dancing and we went into overtime. I want to thank Kathleen and everyone at The Grove for such a phenomenal job. They are so accommodating, professional and thoughtful with both their guests and even with the lowly DJ. I have to say that the Grove is my favorite venue to work with, and the Reno/Tahoe area is filled with exceptional venues and staff.





Thanks most of all to Hailey and Dustin. Just a magical afternoon and evening and I was so lucky to have been able to be a part of it. Best of luck to you two and thanks again for your service Dustin!




No comments:

Post a Comment