Sunday, August 14, 2011

Patrick & Danae at D'Andrea Golf Club

Another amazing ceremony and reception last night at what is turning out to be my favorite venue, D'Andrea.  Patrick and Danae and their families were awesome and so again was the staff at D'Andrea.  I have written about them in prior blog postings: Stef, Savannah and Shelby are so friendly and accommodating to their guests that they seem like family members instead of venue staff.  And I haven't written about Marcus & Moose, their outstanding bartenders.  They are always laughing and joking with the guests and when the music starts I see them dancing and playing air-guitar while tending bar.  Maybe that is what I like about D'Andrea most of all: they do their job because they love what they do and it shows in their smiles and the quality service they provide.  I can relate to that- I love my job and when your DJ is smiling and enjoying the reception, it tends to be contagious.  Now just multiply that by 10 and that's what you get from the people at D'Andrea.
Case in point: here are Patrick & Danae listening to the toast by their Maid of Honor Christine.  The toast was scheduled to be inside, but Danae & Pat went outside for sunset photos and loved the lights coming on and the cool temperature.  They asked Shelby if they could possibly do the toasts outdoors.  So D'Andrea quickly brought the champagne out and within a few minutes we were toasting out on the beautiful patio.
With such a great couple, crowd, and servers the dancing went on and on.  Two hours past the scheduled end in fact.  And it could have continued further, but Danae & Pat's limo had already been waiting outside for an hour and the B&G had an early flight to Cancun, so we all reluctantly called it a night.  As far as music goes, I was able to play a wide variety of tunes.  Some of the highlights were "Friends in Low Places", "Thriller", "Crazy Girl" and "Get Low" but every song rocked.  Danae & Patrick danced their first dance to "Then" by Brad Paisley, but the coolest song of the night had to be the Mother-Son dance.  Pat and his mom Teri danced to "Wild Thing" by the Troggs, which is a first for me, but everyone was laughing and cheering- it was a memorable moment amongst many.  Thanks to D'Andrea, the great guests and family and especially Danae & Patrick for letting me be a part of their day.  I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment