Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wendy & Michael at Edgewood

Had a blast being a part of Wendy & Mike's ceremony and reception up on the shores of Lake Tahoe at the always elegant Edgewood.  The rainstorms stayed away and the temperature was perfect for a lakeshore, sandy beach wedding.  Wendy walked in to a beautiful rendition of "Canon in D" and the newly married couple exited to Jack Johnson's "Better Together".  Following cocktails and appetizers on the deck, the guests were seated in the South Room and Mike & Wendy made their Grand Entrance accompanied by Queen's "Your My Best Friend".   The typically delicious Edgewood buffet followed: I am always amazed by the quality of the food and the professionalism of the servers that work there.  Walter and his staff are friendly, professional, and truly care about their guests.  And they are efficient as well.  For example, the buffet line was on the dancefloor, and when it came time to toast and dance, he and his crew had the entire line down and the dancefloor cleared in less than four minutes.  I know, because right as they began I started a song that was 3:51 long, and they were completely done before it was over.  Amazing!
Lots of great dancing ensued throughout the evening.  Most memorable were a very animated bunch of dancers during "Thriller" and a great sing-along version of "Baby Got Back".  I was pleased to be able to download and play a Blackhawk song for a couple celebrating their 7th anniversary as well as play a few other romantic favorites for couples including songs by Allison Krause and the Turtles.  Not only do I get to see the magic when the bride and groom dance their first dance, but I get to see it relived on the faces of family and guests when I play their important song.  What a great job I have!  Thanks Edgewood!  Thanks Wendy & Michael for having me play your ceremony and reception!  Wishing you lots of happy, wonderful years of marriage...

No comments:

Post a Comment