Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jarod & Amy's reception, 10-10-2010

Had a great time Sunday night!  After a ceremony offsite, Amy & Jarod arrived at the Hidden Valley Country Club in Reno NV for their reception.  After pics around the golf course and under the iconic willow tree, I announced the bridal party and they mingled and enjoyed a great dinner as the sun sank down through the windows.  Jonathan, the best man, gave the first of many memorable toasts and then the cake was cut to Weezer's "My Best Friend".  Amy & Jarod's first dance then followed: "Endless Love" by Luther & Mariah.  But the highlight for me was during the Anniversary Dance.  There were several couples in the thirty & forty year range, but the last couple on the dancefloor were Jarod's grandparents who had been married 61 years!  (and cut a decent rug, I must say)
The crowd stayed on the dancefloor all night- some of their favorites were "Cupid Shuffle", "In the Ayer" and "Rock Lobster", and Jarod's grandparents looked amazing dancing to Hank Sr's "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry."  I was happy to be a part in the celebration that everyone shared in that night- congrats Amy & Jarod (who are soaking in the sun in Maui right now...).

No comments:

Post a Comment